Saturday, June 22, 2013

bias in higher education

Still, I can only imagine how hard it might be to be an untenured conservative in a department far less committed to fair play than ours. My political and social views clearly rile my colleagues, who, while all leftists (and by extension narcissists, but that is another story) manage for the most part to separate their animosity towards my beliefs from their generally kindly sentiments towards me (I suspect that, for the most part, we all find ourselves more amusing than threatening), but I cannot help but think that a young faculty member at, say, a University of California-system school must be subject to far greater direct pressure to renounce or at least conceal his/her views. It should trouble all of us who teach college, attend college, or, more importantly, pay for college.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/06/time_to_keep_the_door_closed.html#ixzz2WysctG00
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

No comments: