Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Captain Beefheart - Safe as Milk (Take 5)

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7FwW9fYSPU

http://www.beefheart.com/safe-as-milk/

My cigarette died when I washed my face
Dropped some drops on an ashtray in a wrong place
Open up my blinds to see spiders spinning nines
Its uh safe as milk it’s uh safe as milk
I never heard it put quite that way
The shape I’m in is uh worn away
They called a day they called a day
Yesterday’s paper headlines approach rain gutter teasing rusty cat sneezing
Soppin wet hammer dusty and wheezin’
Lusty alley whining trashcan blues
Children running after rainbows stocking poor
Gracious ladies nylon hanging onto line
Jumping onto leg looking mighty fine

Sorrows lollipop lands stick-broken on a dark carnival ground
Pop up toaster cracklin
Aluminum rhythm and sound
Ev’ry day pencil lazy and sharp
Icebox inside looking like a harp
Electric bulb been out for years
Freezer fumes freezin’ glass tears
Cheese in the corner with a mile long beard
Bacon blue bread dog ear (repeat twice)

I may be hungry but I sure ain’t weird


No comments: